[fblike style="button_count" float="left" showfaces="false" width="95" verb="like" font="verdana"] [google_plusone size="medium" float="left" annotation="bubble" language="English (UK)"] [twitter style="horizontal" source="scotty_webb" text="Quenching your thirst for awesome photography resources and content! Week 4" float="left"]I hope you didn’t think I’ve forgotten about this series of photography resources and articles (sprinkled with a little of my own photography). I love it because it keeps my eyes open and if I haven’t filled out a section, I go out searching for interesting content to read, curate, and share. I first quench my own thirst and then it allows me to help quench yours. Sometimes I also like to start off the post with photography quotes. I love when photographers share quotes on Twitter because they are little bursts of inspiration. I don’t usually go out in search of quotes, just let the ones that speak to me rise into my frame of vision.
“Don’t get satisfied with one view, and one good-looking frame! Shoot and move, shoot and move.”
~ Joe McNally
There is a lot here. Feel free to use the StumbleUpon button at the end to save the post. Or use any way of keeping it in your bookmarks – Pinterest, Delicioius, ZooTool, Evernote, ect. Whatever you’re preference. If there is anything that gets the mind in gear or the creativity in gear, share it in the comments or write your own blog post and link here so it gets on our radar. Either way, I hope you find these topics and links to be of value and Nuwomb thanks the many photographers that are continually putting out amazing content for the rest of us photographers.
Improve Your Photography
- It’s about unMoments – Chase helps us understand why the gritty beats out perfection and the glossy production images.
- End Your Photography Rut – Tiffinbox brings us a great post to get us out of a photography rut. If you need out, this post is for you. Get 2012 off to a great start in your photography.
- Licensing Your Photography Today – I have been looking into this because of recent inquiries and I’m still a bit confused. This is worth a read because earning some cash from your photography will help you afford new experiences/gear/time off to improve your photography.
- Shooting Your Own Series – Brian talks about how he decided to go out with the intention to shoot a series. This is short but so important because we need to think body of work and narrative with our photography today.
- The Only Thing that Matters – This article references an article we shared here in the past. I recommend reading it because it touches on what matters to improve your photography. I think it will spark some thoughts.
- What Not to Do – This is a great article about what not to do as a street photographer. I know so many people are wanting to get into street photography (myself included) and these are really great things not to do.
- Future Cameras – Great post and continuing the discussion around the DSLR Cameras.
- Juxtapose Mag Interview with Chase Jarvis – There are so many parts from this interview that we should print and pin all over the place. Amazing.
- Scott Bourne on the Lytro – After reading this, I would love to get my hands on a Lytro light field camera to shock my photographic system.
- Could it be the end of your photography? – Interesting things are happening in our photography industry. Smart points to be thinking about in this article.
- Bill Frakes and the D4 – Coolest thing I’ve seen related to the Nikon D4 yet! Bravo!
iPhone Photography / Mobile Photography
- Hipstamatic being kept fresh by Synthetic – I think this app has some interesting points to it but I’m also still a little hesitant due to not using Hipstamatic much myself right now.
- Smart Cameras, Can they compete with camera phones? – I wonder if the “smart cameras” are to late to the party.
- Another Smart Camera Coming? – Polaroid is a company that is smart and seems to be keeping up with the times. Check what it coming from them. Curious on what you think about this too.
- The Phone Stack – Okay this isn’t really related to iPhone Photography but it’s a really great idea.
- Apps fueling growth of iPhotography – Whatever you want to call it, mobile photography is growing and applications are fueling the growth.
- Why I use a Case – Really great article that talks about the importance of an iPhone case!
WordPress / Blogging / Websites
- Pro Photo Theme by 8BIT is up for sale – This isn’t just buying a theme to use for your site, but buying a WordPress Theme to resell, maintain, and advance. Okay theme but Good Luck on getting $35K
- How WP Changed CMS – If you’re unsure about using WordPress for your photography site still, this is a quick read that can give you a bit more insite on the system.
- WordPress Themes for Photographers: Theme Foundry Collection – Check out some clean / minimal looking themes for your WordPress website.
- Comparing SEO Plugins – This article looks at Yoast WordPress SEO and All in One SEO plugins. Cool read if you want to optimize your photography website for 2012. Best way is to kill it with content though
- Construct WordPress Theme – DesignerThemes makes some interesting visual/folio themes that photographers would love. Here is one of their latest below called Construct:
Short Video: Imagination
I actually get super giddy to share these brilliant short videos. Making the effort to go out and discover these gems being put out is so rewarding. I would have actually shared the viral Joy of Books video here but I just had to go and make a blog post about it already. If you haven’t seen this video yet, it was created in Toronto, Ontario using Stop Motion Photography. It will blow your mind. The video here though is talking about Imagination and it’s by Jason Silva. Everything in our world has been created first in the Imagination. The video is 3 and a half minutes (short!) and is worth the watch x 100.
[stumbleupon design="vertical_count" float="right" use_post="true"] Action: Please share this post in your social networks. I am loving stumble upon more and more! If you’re on stumble, please consider giving this a thumbs up and connect with me there too.
Related Photography Resources from Past Weeks
- Photography Resources from Week #1
- Photography Resources from Week #2
- Photography Resources from Week #3
- Photography Resources from Week #4
- Photography Resources from Week #5